Ways to donate
Big Sister charges no fees for our services, which means we rely on the generosity of our individual, institutional, and special event supporters in order to provide our services to Greater Boston’s girls. When you make a donation to Big Sister, more than 80 cents of every dollar goes directly to our mentoring programs for girls. We manage our operating expenses so our cost per girl served is low – about $1,000 per girl.
Make a donation in honor or memory of a loved one
Donate by phone or mail
To make a financial contribution to Big Sister, call 617.236.5326 or send a check made out to Big Sister Association of Greater Boston to 161 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston, MA 02115.
To donate clothing or household items, call the Big Brother Big Sister Foundation at 1.800.483.5503.
Through bequests and charitable trusts, Big Sister Association can continue to make a difference in our community. Gifts large and small are important. For information on planned gifts, please contact Donna Quirk at 617.236.5311 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate clothes, household items, or small electronics
Thousands of companies make charitable contributions by matching their employees’ donations. If you want to know if your company will match your gift, please call the Development Coordinator, 617-236-5326, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, or email us at email@example.com. Many thanks for making the match!
If your employer uses a Matching Gift form, please complete the form and return it to:
Big Sister Association of Greater Boston
161 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Donate while you search using GoodSearch.com
When you search the web with www.goodsearch.com (ID for Big Sister is 848139), money from Yahoo advertisers will go to Big Sister Association without you spending a dime! Check it out, download the toolbar, and support Big Sister while searching the web!
Click here for our in-kind "wish list"
Creative ways to fundraise
- Participate in a road race, triathlon, marathon, or cycling event in support of Big Sister
- Have guests make a donation in lieu of gifts or make one yourself in lieu of favors at a bridal shower, wedding, or other special event
- Donate proceeds from a yard sale or garage sale
- Host a Big Sister benefit night at your business with a portion of the sales going to support Big Sister
- If you are interested in any of these options and would like more info on what Big Sister can provide you with to help, please contact Donna Quirk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.236.5311.
What your donation supports
Please see the charts below to view our programming budget and operating revenue for 2012: