Interested in volunteering for girls' mentoring programs? If you would like to speak to our Volunteer Recruitment Specialists to determine which program would work best for you, click on the Schedulicity® tool below or call us at (617) 236-8060. Start the conversation; become a Big Sister today.
Why Volunteer with Big Sister Boston?
1. Gender Specific Match Support- To ensure your success, you will receive individualized and tailored support from skilled staff who are trained to manage challenges that are unique to mentoring girls.
2. Networking - You will have the chance to interact with our CEO, Board of Directors, event sponsors, staff and other professionals throughout Boston.
3. Tickets - Thanks to our generous donors, Sisters often receive free tickets to sporting events, theatre productions, music concerts and more!
4. Professional Development Opportunities - You will be exposed to skill and leadership development opportunities, such as the chance to attend the Massachusetts Conference for Women or Conversations Among Women, Alumnae leadership events and forums on women-focused matters, just to name a few.
5. Gender Specific Match Activities - You and your Little Sister will be invited to activities and events that are exclusively designed for girls. Only Big and Little Sisters welcome!
6. Free PrimeOne Advantage Membership - You will receive a dedicated personal concierge team for all your car sales and service needs at Prime Motor Group.
7. Discounted Membership to Healthworks Fitness Centers for Women - Zero enrollment fee and receive $10.00 off your monthly dues, plus a complimentary one week guest pass and 30 minute session with a personal trainer.
8. Discounted Membership to Zipcar - Receive a membership for $25.00 per year, a total savings of $150.00.
9. Generous Ticket Discounts - You will receive priority opportunities to purchase discounted tickets to such events as: Celebrity Series of Boston, Big Sister's Big in Boston After Party and Tanglewood.
10. MIT Executive Education Discount - Big Sister Association of Greater Boston members are eligible to receive 15% off MIT Sloan Executive Education open enrollment programs. Enter Referral Code BSEE15 on the program application form by December 31, 2016. Some exclusions apply.
11. Leadership Opportunities - You can hone your leadership skills by working with our auxiliary boards and work groups; for example, our Young Professionals Board, Diversity Council and Alumnae Association.
12. Employer Matching Contribution Gifts - Your employer may promote community service by providing a cash donation for each hour or day you volunteer. Big Sister staff can assist you in providing the necessary documentation to your employer in order to receive this benefit that helps sustain our organization.
13. Stronger and Longer Relationship with Your Little Sister - If you’re questioning whether you can make the time commitment, rest assured through our specialized training and support of women mentors, the average amount of time women stay Big Sisters is more than two and half years! We’re proud to have one of highest and best results in this category.