Who We Are
Assistant Manager of Match Support, Community-Based Mentoring
Big Sister Boston is seeking a solution driven individual with the capacity to successfully build communities and lead healthy and high-performing teams to join us as the Assistant Manager of Match Support. Working with the Manager of Match Support, the Assistant Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of service delivery, ensuring that the department achieves its annual growth and quality goals through department leadership, program administration and intra-agency collaboration.
Strong candidates can connect with and support adults and children from diverse backgrounds, are constantly curious about understanding the needs of others, creative in identifying solutions, are driven by hiring and supporting a successful team, and are excited about achieving organizational goals.
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, multilingual and multicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well- established, dynamic and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
- Work with Manager of Match Support to interview, hire, and train staff
- Supervise staff, including:
- Provide ongoing coaching, corrective feedback and professional development support
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate workload and performance
- Conduct staff Quality Assurance/Quality Check reviews and performance evaluations
- Collaborate with other managers and team members to achieve department and agency-wide goals
- Support Manager of Match Support in developing and leading strategic planning initiatives for the department
- Fill in for Manager of Match Support in their absence
In collaboration with Manager of Match Support:
- Oversee all aspects of the match support process to ensure high-quality program service delivery
- Monitor operational effectiveness using work flow and tracking systems, track performance & develops measures to ensure growth, minimize risk and meet annual department matching goals
- Oversee quality assurance activities, including, but not limited to surveys, evaluations, and case reviews.
- Integrate new research-based best practices or program enhancements into agency
- Provide data and content for fundraising grants and reports; and newsletters, e-communications and other marketing materials as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of experience in direct service, youth development, social work, or a related area
- At least one-year of experience as a team leader or supervisor with demonstrated ability to build and lead a healthy and high performing team
- Sensitivity to and experience in working with culturally diverse populations and with girls and women and with the ability to build strong, healthy and productive relationships
- Passion and a proven track record of success in developing and managing productive partner relationships
- At least one-year experience in analyzing and synthesizing data for curriculum design and training
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excited about and effective in working autonomously and within a cross-functional team
- Enthusiastic about learning with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Facility with Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with data management systems (Big Sister uses a Salesforce database platform)
- Availability and flexibility to work weekday evenings and weekends on a regular basis, as well as travel to varying local venues
Please note that all positions are remote until September 2021, when we plan to resume working in our physical office.
Reports to: Manager of Match Support
Language Skills: Written and oral fluency in English; candidates who also have proficiency or fluency in other languages, especially Spanish, are strongly encouraged to apply
Start date: Immediately
Location: Big Sister Association Offices, 20 Park Plaza, Boston, MA
Compensation: $48,000 – $50,000. Full-time, exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and health benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject line Assistant Manager of Match Support to: email@example.com or click on the button below. Please attach your cover letter and resumé as a Word document or a PDF.