Who We Are
Enrollment & Match Support Specialist, SBM
Big Sister Boston is seeking an Enrollment & Match Support Specialist for our Site-Based Mentoring team. The Site-Based program is a one-to-one mentoring program which matches girls, age 7-to-15, with adult women mentors in various sites and schools around Greater Boston. The Enrollment & Match Support Specialist supports those matches who meet in school settings. As a Big Sister staff member, you will contribute to a mentor-rich community in which every girl has access to the individual nurturing, guidance and support she needs to become a confident, competent and caring adult.
The Enrollment & Match Support Specialist provides case management support to program participants to ensure longer and stronger relationships between Big Sisters and Little Sisters. The Specialist also conducts introductory match meetings to launch new match relationships.
Strong candidates can connect with and support adults and children from diverse backgrounds, are constantly curious about understanding the needs of others and creative in identifying solutions, and possess organizational, administrative and detail management that is necessary to ensure compliance to safety and other standards. This is a tremendous opportunity for those who are excited about being on the frontlines of direct service for women and girls and understand the importance of maintaining administrative systems to ensure best practices.
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, multilingual and multicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well- established, dynamic and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
- Conduct assessments of and make matches between potential volunteer mentors (Big Sisters) and mentees (Little Sisters) according to agency standards and goals
- Support a caseload of approximately 80 Site-Based matches (Big and Little Sister mentor/mentee pairings)
- Conduct regular phone and email check-ins with Big Sisters, Little Sisters, and families, in order to:
- Provide on-going risk management and support to keep the match strong;
- Provide comprehensive documentation related to strength of match relationship and support needs for each match participant
- Share information about community resources, agency activities, and programs
- Maintain strong relationships with school partners
- Conduct match surveys and annual outcome evaluations with Big and Little Sisters
- Administer all aspects of match support including updating the agency database with relevant case information
- Attend and lead match activities as assigned, seeking opportunities to make meaningful in-person contacts with matches
- Assist with agency special events as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with at least one year of experience in direct service, youth development, social work, or a related area
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Sensitivity to and experience in working with culturally diverse populations and with girls and women and with the ability to build strong, healthy and productive relationships
- Ability to effectively facilitate programming for adolescent girls
- Passion and a proven track record of success in developing and managing productive partner relationships
- Excited about and effective in working autonomously and within a cross-functional team
- Enthusiastic about learning with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Facility with Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with data management systems (Big Sister uses a Salesforce database platform)
- Availability and flexibility to work weekday evenings and weekends on a regular basis, as well as travel to varying local venues; minimally this position works two Saturdays a month during the academic year
Reports to: Manager of Site-Based Mentoring
Language Skills: Written and oral fluency in English; candidates who also have proficiency or fluency in other languages, especially Spanish, are strongly encouraged to apply
Start date: Immediately
Location: Big Sister Association Offices, 20 Park Plaza, Boston, MA. Our office will continue a hybrid working model that allows staff flexibility to work remote and in office.
Compensation: This position offers a competitive salary starting at $51,411. Full-time, exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and health benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject line Site-Based Mentoring Enrollment & Match Support Specialist to: email@example.com . Please attach your cover letter and resumé as a Word document or a PDF.
Big Sister Association of Greater Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, age, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.