Who We Are
Chief Communications and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Chief Communications and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer(CCDEIO) serves as a member of the Senior Management Team and is an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Big Sister. In partnership with the CEO and the Board of Directors, this position is responsible for ensuring organization-wide brand alignment and integrity. Working closely with the Marketing Committee of the Board this position is responsible for designing and implementing a targeted communications strategy. CCDEIO will co-develop, execute and communicate the overall DEI strategy of the organization; will advise and collaborate across functional areas.
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, multilingual and multicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well- established, dynamic and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
- Serve as chief communications advisor to the President + CEO and Board of Directors and other internal leadership;
- Create digital, social, video, events and traditional media initiatives to ensure Big Sister branding and recruitment marketing materials are engaging and demonstrate commitment to DEI and organizational values;
- Work with Board of Directors and key internal partners to shape and communicate lead messages supporting Big Sister’s strategic priorities;
- Design and execute innovative stakeholder communication strategies to educate and inform the community, current and potential supporters about Big Sister’s activities and accomplishments;
- Lead the shaping of an institutional vision and compelling message for diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Cultivate brand image and identity reflecting Big Sister’s commitment to DEI and other organizational values with all stakeholder groups
- Partner with Chief Administrative Officer, Chief Development Officer and stakeholders in developing organization wide DEI strategy and roll-out of key DEI initiatives;
- Work with President + CEO and Senior Management to articulate key communications outcomes and develop strategies to achieve these outcomes;
- Be executive editor for all external communications including website;
- Serve as executive editor for all internal communications throughout the organization to reinforce a healthy workplace culture;
- Create and implement strategic and measurable integrated communications plans designed to support the organization with multiple priorities and diverse stakeholders;
- Be lead external spokesperson; manage crisis communication;
- Supervise Creative Director, Director of Equity and Inclusion and prepare for future growth in Marketing.
This position offers entrepreneurial challenges and considerable opportunities for professional growth. The CCDEIO will collaborate with senior leadership to develop strategies that will broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact. The successful candidate will bring the following skills and attributes to the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related field is preferred;
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience communications and diversity, equity and inclusion
- Chief Storyteller: you have an exceptional talent for architecting brands by creating and telling compelling brand stories and inviting stakeholders and target audiences to participate in the narrative. You ensure that Big Sister’s brand is strong and consistent in all marketing strategies and tactics;
- Capability Builder: you have experience developing robust marketing capabilities (technology fluency, digital expertise, segmentation, customer data and insights, data analytics). You will be instrumental in building a bridge between consumer data and actualizing strategy;
- Innovation Catalyst:; you are a matter expert in DEI strategic thinking, engagement and adoption of DEI commitments;
- Chief Analyst: you possess a deep interest and understanding of marketing analytics and have the ability to develop actionable insights in support of Big Sister’s vision
- Relationship Champion: you believe in the power of relationships and see relationships as key to organizational success. You are committed to the mission and vision and will be a culture champion for the organization
- Ability to give and receive feedback as a tool for growth;
- Goal-oriented and willingness to hold self and others accountable;
- Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure;
- Energetic, positive outlook and commitment to Big Sister’s mission;
- A team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity to drive and motivate others.
Please note that all positions are remote until January 2022, when we plan to resume working in our physical office.
Reports to: President and CEO
Language Skills: Written and oral fluency in English, candidates who also have proficiency or fluency in other languages, especially Spanish, are strongly encouraged to apply
Location: Big Sister Association Offices, 20 Park Plaza, Boston, MA. Our office will continue a hybrid working model that allows staff flexibility to work remote and in office.
Compensation: This position offers a competitive salary starting at $120,684. Full-time, exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and health benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject line CCDEIO to: email@example.com or click the button below. Please attach your cover letter and resumé as a Word document or a PDF.
Big Sister Association of Greater Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, age, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws