Who We Are
Coordinator of Match Support, CBM
Big Sister Boston is seeking dynamic individuals to join our Community-Based Mentoring team. The Community-Based program is a one-to-one mentoring program which matches girls, age 7-to-15, with adult women mentors. As a Big Sister staff member, you will contribute to a mentor-rich community in which every girl has access to the individual nurturing, guidance and support she needs to become a confident, competent and caring adult.
The Coordinator of Match Support is responsible for managing an essential program of Community-Based Mentoring. This could include volunteer training, facilitation of internal trainings or workshops, program staff training and onboarding, supporting quality assurance or a focus on partnerships and community relationships. This role will facilitate workshops and engagement activities for their team in conjunction with their manager, collaborate with other staff to provide excellent programming and customer service to program partners, and spearhead new projects The Coordinator will also manage a caseload of Community-Based matches and provide support to program participants to ensure longer and stronger relationships between Big Sister and Little Sister. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about leading and supporting girls of all ages through mentoring, facilitating trainings and workshops, and exploring new leadership opportunities.
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, multilingual and multicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well- established, dynamic and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
- Manage priority department leadership priorities; this can include supervision of staff and/or overseeing projects
- Support manager with internal improvements to systems, processes and initiatives to support the growth of the match support team
- Role model excellent caseload management and quality match support, and offering support to colleagues on handling common scenarios
- When manager is out of the office or unavailable, provide leadership coverage and support, as needed
- Support training and onboarding of new match support team members
- Facilitate priority workshops and trainings for ongoing learning for the team
- Maintain an assigned caseload of approximately 65 Community-Based matches
- Conduct regular phone and email check-ins with Big Sisters, Little Sisters, and families, in order to:
- Provide on-going support related to match activities, child safety, child development, and match relationship development
- Provide comprehensive documentation related to strength of match relationship and support needs for each match participant
- Share information about community resources, agency activities, and programs
- Conduct introductory match meetings at Little Sisters’ homes
- Administer all aspects of match support including updating the agency database with relevant case information
- Facilitate positive closure for matches that are unable to continue meeting as part of the program
- Re-engage Big Sisters, Little Sisters and families as appropriate after match closure
- Conduct match surveys and annual outcome evaluations with Big and Little Sisters
- Attend and lead match activities as assigned, seeking opportunities to make meaningful in-person contacts with matches (when in-person activity resumes)
- Assist with agency special events as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with at least one year of experience in direct service, youth development, social work, or a related area
- At least one year of experience as a team leader or supervisor with demonstrated ability to build and lead a healthy and high performing team
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Sensitivity to and experience in working with culturally diverse populations and with girls and women and with the ability to build strong, healthy and productive relationships
- Ability to effectively facilitate programming for adolescent girls
- Passion and a proven track record of success in developing and managing productive partner relationships
- Excited about and effective in working autonomously and within a cross-functional team
- Enthusiastic about learning with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Facility with Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with data management systems (Big Sister uses a Salesforce database platform)
- Availability and flexibility to work weekday evenings and weekends, as well as travel to varying local venues
Reports to: Manager of Match Support
Language Skills: Written and oral fluency in English; candidates who also have proficiency or fluency in other languages, especially Spanish, are strongly encouraged to apply
Start date: Immediately
Location: Big Sister Association Offices, 20 Park Plaza, Boston, MA. Our office will continue a hybrid working model that allows staff flexibility to work remote and in office.
Compensation: $40,000 – $43,000. Full-time, exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and health benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject line Coordinator of Match Support to: firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button below to apply. Please attach your cover letter and resumé as a Word document or a PDF.