Who We Are
Creative and Social Media Content Manager
Reports to: Chief Communications & Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer
Language Skills: Written and oral fluency in English
Start date: Immediately
Location: Big Sister Association Offices, 20 Park Plaza, Boston, MA. Our office maintains a hybrid working model that allows staff flexibility to work remote and in office. This position also requires travel to and working around Greater Boston to community partner sites.
Compensation: This position offers a competitive salary starting at $68,598. Full-time, exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and health benefits.
Please send resume with subject line Creative and Social Media Content Manager to: email@example.com . Please attach your resumé as a Word document or a PDF. We will then send candidates a short questionnaire to complete and overview of our hiring process. Learn more about working at Big Sister by visiting our website here: https://www.bigsister.org/who-we-are/careers-internships/
Big Sister Association of Greater Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, age, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Big Sister Boston is seeking a Creative and Social Media Content Manager to help drive our brand voice and deliver our mission message. This role is responsible for developing the look and feel of all the agency’s collateral materials and communications. The Creative and Social Media Content Manager will work closely with all departments of the organization to understand the narrative of our work and translate it into clear marketing content for use across our website, social media and other essential paper and digital assets. This role serves as a key member of the Marketing and Communications team.
Strong candidates are passionate about managing all phases of the creative process, building engagement through social media, and creating brand communications and content in a culturally competent and authentic way. This is a great opportunity for those excited about utilizing their graphic design and creativity to breathe life into our mission stories and elevate our Big Sister Boston brand and messaging to a diverse range of audiences.
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Multilingual, multicultural and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well-established, dynamic, and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
- Manage and lead the creative process including creating written content and graphic design for a range of marketing collateral material, presentations, digital assets, and social media
- Translate & implement marketing objectives into clear creative strategies aligned to Big Sister values, in particular diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Manage timelines and calendars developed in conjunction with the Chief Communications and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer (CCDEIO) around all marketing elements including social media, annual appeals, newsletters, etc.
- Collaborate with the Director of Recruitment and the Director of Equity and Community Engagement to develop appropriate content for various social media platforms
- Work collaboratively with the CCDEIO and other departments to ensure a clear voice through all internal and external communications, including staff training on marketing and communication (staff elevator pitch)
- In partnership with the CCDEIO and Special Events Manager, develop the look and feel for all program and fundraising events
- Identify and prepare all event speakers and participants, including Big and Little Sister matches, staff, and keynote speakers
- Coordinate promotional video filming and photo shoots including managing volunteer schedules, assisting with scripts & creating needed graphics
- Ensure web site content is up-to-date and post new content in a timely manner
- Manage relationships with print vendor and other preferred print/promo vendors to ensure most cost-effective options
- Manage relationships with web site developer (Get Fused)
- Quality assurance lead for all branding materials including written, swag, etc.
- At least four years’ experience in graphic design with preference for those who have experience working as part of a marketing/sales/communications team
- At least one year of social media content creation and account management experience
- Passion and a proven track record of success in creating compelling, on-brand visual design that adheres to brand standards
- Experience working with Canva and Adobe Design suite; specifically Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Sensitivity to and experience in working with culturally diverse populations and with girls and women to respectfully translate their stories to marketing material
- Demonstrated understanding of how to bring the brand to life through event materials and collateral
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with a demonstrated ability to engage diverse audiences across different sectors (e.g., neighborhood communities, college students, corporate audiences)
- Excited about and effective in working autonomously and within a cross-functional team
- Enthusiastic about learning with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Availability and flexibility to work weekday evenings and weekends for various org wide marketing events, as well as travel to varying local venues
- Facility with Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with data management systems (Big Sister uses a Salesforce database platform)
Don’t meet every qualification? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet 100% of the job qualifications. At Big Sister, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace environment. If you are passionate about the role and the organization, we encourage you to apply even if your experience does not meet every requirement. You could be the perfect fit for this role or other opportunities!