Big Sister Boston is seeking a Director of Corporate Engagement to take our corporate partnerships portfolio to the next level. Strong candidates will be those who have a proven track record of building strategic partnerships, providing a meaningful experience to constituents, and managing daily implementation responsibilities.
The Director of Corporate Engagement will head the development of Big Sister Boston’s corporate partnership and engagement strategy. Working in conjunction with the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Corporate Engagement will be responsible for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding corporate philanthropic, sponsorship and Workplace Mentoring partners. The Director of Corporate Partnerships will lead exploratory discussions and negotiate business agreements. This role serves as a key member of the Development team.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who is excited about utilizing their creativity, passion, and experience to build relationships across a range of stakeholders in our community and connect them with our mission-driven programs.
- In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer and Chief Executive Officer, develop strategies to build organizational relationships with and funding from corporations over the next 3 years
- Design strategic engagement opportunity narratives, proposals, and offers for account relationships
- Research, prepare, and present pitches and proposals — at times solo and other times in partnership with the Chief Development Officer and/or Chief Executive Officer
- Partner with a wide range of professionals, often those who are executive level
- Set and achieve quarterly and annual fundraising corporate partnership goals
- Work with program staff to develop sustainable funding for corporate partners and to ensure agreement deliverables are met
- Serve as the key relationship manager for a growing portfolio of corporate partners and prospects
- Actively use Salesforce to document and track opportunities and progress
- At least four years of front-line fundraising, sales, public relations or other related professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop strategic partnerships
- Strong attention to detail
- Written and oral communication skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences including board members, executives and other corporate partner staff
- Ability to successfully partner with board members and executives
- Ability to effectively identify and utilize available resources to achieve goals
- Excited about and effective in working autonomously and within a cross-functional team
- Passion for and a proven track record of success in providing excellent, supportive customer service
- Proficient with the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and mail merges
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM database, Adobe Suite products preferred
- Ability to support fundraising activities and partner meetings that occur on weekends, evenings, or early weekday mornings
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Language Skills: Written and oral fluency in English
Start date: Immediately
Location: Big Sister Association Offices, 20 Park Plaza, Boston, MA
Compensation: $65,000 – $75,000 Full-time, exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and health benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject line Director of Corporate Engagement to: firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button below. Please attach your cover letter and resumé as a Word document or a PDF.
Big Sister Association of Greater Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, age, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.