Who We Are
Enrollment & Matching Specialist, Community-Based mentoring
Big Sister Boston is seeking an Enrollment & Matching Specialist for our Community-Based Mentoring team. The Community-Based program is a one-to-one mentoring program which matches girls, age 7-to-15, with adult women mentors. As a Big Sister staff member, you will contribute to a mentor-rich community in which every girl has access to the individual nurturing, guidance and support she needs to become a confident, competent, and caring adult.
The Enrollment & Matching (E&M) Specialist is responsible for conducting assessments for potential volunteer mentors (Big Sisters) and mentees (Little Sisters) and making thoughtful match decisions, with the goal of creating long and strong match relationships. The E&M Specialist plays a key role in facilitating the mentor/mentee relationships that are foundational to our mission.
Strong candidates can connect with adults and children from diverse backgrounds, are constantly curious about and effective in understanding the needs of others, and possess organizational, administrative and detail management that is necessary to ensure compliance to safety and other standards. This is a tremendous opportunity for those who are excited about being on the frontlines of direct service for women and girls and understand the importance of maintaining administrative systems to ensure best practices.
- Conduct assessments of and make matches between potential volunteer mentors (Big Sisters) and mentees (Little Sisters) according to agency standards and goals
- Re-engage Big Sisters, Little Sisters and families as appropriate after match closure
- Ability to effectively facilitate one weekday and one weekend volunteer training per quarter
- Attend and lead match activities as assigned, seeking opportunities to make meaningful in-person contacts with program participants and other community members
- Assist with agency special events as needed
- As needed, facilitate training for potential Big Sisters 4-6 times per year
- Bachelor’s degree with at least one year of experience in direct service, youth development, social work, or a related area
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Sensitivity to and experience in working with culturally diverse populations and with girls and women and with the ability to build strong, healthy and productive relationships
- Excited about and effective in working autonomously and within a cross-functional team
- Enthusiastic about learning with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Facility with Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with data management systems (Big Sister uses a Salesforce database platform)
- Availability and flexibility to work weekday evenings and weekends on a regular basis, as well as travel to varying local venues
Reports to: Manager of Enrollment & Matching
Language Skills: Written and oral fluency in English;
Start date: Immediately
Compensation: $37,000 – $39,000. Full-time, exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and health benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject line Enrollment & Matching Specialist to: firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link below. Please attach your cover letter and resumé as a Word document or a PDF.