Who We Are
Executive Project Manager
Big Sister Boston is seeking a detailed and customer service-oriented professional as our next Executive Project Manager (EPM). Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and working closely with the Chief Communications and DE&I Officer (CCDEIO), the EPM is responsible for an array of administrative, public relations and social media projects in support of the CEO and the organization’s priorities. The EPM serves as the primary administrative point of contact to connect the various stakeholders of Big Sister Boston, including the Board of Directors, donors and strategic partners. They also serve as the primary internal coordinator to support and connect the CEO with all departments. The EPM is also responsible for the New Girls Network program; a program that has a mission to help young women (mentees) learn the skills to network, talk about their strengths, make connections, and support each other via guidance from mid and late-career women (mentors).
Ideal candidates will be adaptable and flexible in their approach to work, as some duties and responsibilities will evolve based on the needs of the organization. In addition to the ongoing responsibilities below, the EPM will participate in and contribute to various all-staff programs and meetings. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in supporting the success of a mission driven non-profit both behind the scenes and as an brand ambassador.
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, multilingual and multicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well-established, dynamic and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
Administrative and Project Management
- Maintains the CEO’s calendar for internal and external meetings and prepares CEO for meetings, including materials preparations, logistics and briefings
- Manages relationship with high end donors (this may not be the best way to say this and, the person needs to become familiar with supporters, steward them etc.
- Manages the CEO’s priorities and ensures effective collaboration with all other departments
- Coordinates and manages all logistics and administration for internal and external meetings including Senior Management Team meetings, Board of Director and sub-committee meetings
- Serves as primary contact person for the Board of Directors and other volunteer leadership bodies
- Coordinates meetings with CEO and external constituents, including current and prospective individual and institutional donors, strategic partners, and others in partnership with applicable departments
- Drafts letters, reports and presentations on behalf of the CEO
- Maintains CEO’s activity in Salesforce database
- Collaborates with Development and Marketing team to manage the CEO’s role in major events
- Arranges CEO’s travel arrangements
- Manage New Girls Network program
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and goals
- Assist with creation/modification of presentations, spreadsheets, and other various documents
- Develops and nurtures relationships with bloggers, print reporters, columnists, and editorial staff in consultation with CCDEIO
- Implements social media strategy for the organization
- Develops content for social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter with special attention to providing video content for Instagram Reels
- Coordinates with Program and Development teams to solicit, and maintain accurate, timely, up to date content for social media platforms
- Monitors all social media platforms and reply accordingly in consultation with CCDEIO
- Responds to media inquiries as directed by the CEO
- In collaboration with the Marketing department, assists in development of blog content to improve SEO
- Relevant professional experience, with non-profit experience preferred
- At least two years of administrative experience working in a professional office setting
- At least one year of social media content creation and account management experience
- Ability to anticipate and meet the needs of others
- Passion and a proven track record of success in providing excellent, supportive customer service
- Ability to troubleshoot basic technology issues related to administratively supporting an executive
- Excellent at organizing, managing, and completing multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously with thoroughness, accuracy, timeliness
- Excited about and effective in working autonomously and within a cross-functional team
- Enthusiastic about learning with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Awareness, understanding, and appreciation for being a positive contributor to a diverse, equitable and inclusive team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences including board members, volunteers, internal staff, donors, executives, potential funding partners and all constituencies
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Facility with Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with data management systems (Big Sister uses a Salesforce database platform)
- Availability and flexibility to work weekday evenings and weekends on a regular basis, as well as travel to varying local venues
- Must be able to move office chairs and tables for meeting room set-ups
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Language Skills: Written and oral fluency in English
Start date: July 2022
Location: Big Sister Association Offices, 20 Park Plaza, Boston, MA. Our office will continue a hybrid working model that allows staff flexibility to work remote and in office. This role requires staff to work in office at least once a week, as well as the occasional weeknight or weekend.
Compensation: This position offers a competitive salary starting at $68,598. Full-time, exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and health benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject line Executive Project Manager to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please attach your cover letter and resumé as a Word document or a PDF.
Big Sister Association of Greater Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, age, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.