Who We Are
Manager of Database Administration and Evaluation
Big Sister Association of Greater Boston is seeking a Database and Data Quality Administrator who is eager to leverage their technical, organizational and analytical skills to support the Big Sister community in understanding our performance, ensuring our standards and evolving our work in support of serving girls with high-quality mentoring programs.
The Database and Data Quality Administrator is responsible for administration of our two Salesforce databases (for program and development departments) including setting up systems, outcomes reporting, and monitoring our adherence to standards, compliance and security measures. The Database and Data Quality Administrator generates and analyzes reports for staff and management as well as for external use, such as for funding and marketing purposes. This position is a leadership team member and works collaboratively with leadership to enhance and support organizational goals
Strong candidates are those who are excited about how data and accuracy are key to a team’s efforts in understanding performance to goals, what most matters and discovering opportunities for improvement and deeper impact. This is an opportunity for someone who brings joy and integrity to their role in stewarding a critically important tool for our collective work.
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, multilingual and multicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well- established, dynamic and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
- Maintain Salesforce platform database inc. editing users, setting permission levels, and troubleshooting technical issues
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of data
- Protect integrity of data using proper security controls and adherence to compliance standards
- Maintain and improve agency-wide data entry procedures and documentation
- Work with leadership team to resolve systemic data-entry errors
- Develop systems to integrate information from both Salesforce databases
- Advise and support enhancements to overall systems
- Serve as a resource on the effective use of agency specific databases utilizing national online training portal
- Project lead for various data and surveying needs, as needed
Data Quality and Reporting
- Create, produce, and analyze weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports and dashboards for performance monitoring as well as data integrity and consistency
- Identify barriers in fulfilling compliance standards and help develop recommendations for organizational procedures to improve compliance
- Keep abreast of upcoming changes in compliance requirements from national Big Brothers Big Sisters Association
- Act as a strategic data analysis thought partner to leadership for program and fundraising performance, evaluation and evolution
- Proactively identify organizational data needs
- Take initiative to analyze and interpret data to address ongoing needs
- Support development team in their data reporting for funder requirements
- Monitor quality-control program to ensure that organization’s programs and services meet standards
Training and People Management
- Onboard and train new staff on how to interpret data, how to use the data in decision making and how to use the databases
- Ongoing support to managers and staff in creation and use of reports and dashboards to manage their own and their team’s performance
- Hiring, onboarding and managing data administration internship and/or positions
- At least two years’ experience managing or directly working with database platforms, preferably Salesforce (Salesforce experience preferred but not required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in data analysis
- Excellent at organizing, managing and completing multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously with thoroughness, accuracy, timeliness
- Positive, collaborative mindset; ability to work in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Awareness, understanding, and appreciation for being a positive contributor to a diverse, equitable and inclusive team
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff who have non-technical backgrounds
- Demonstrated passion for Big Sister’s mission
- Unwavering commitment to quality
- Enthusiastic about learning with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
Reports to: Vice President of Programs
Language Skills: Written and oral fluency in English; candidates who also have proficiency or fluency in other languages are strongly encouraged to apply
Start date: Immediately
Location: Big Sister Association, 20 Park Plaza, Boston, MA
Compensation: This position offers a competitive salary starting at $66,600. Full-time, exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and health benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject line Manager of Database Administration and Evaluation to:firstname.lastname@example.org . Please attach your cover letter and resumé as a Word document or a PDF.
Big Sister Association of Greater Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, age, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.