Who We Are
Program Support Lead, DYEE
Do you believe in the power of transformative relationships for girls? Are you ready to impact the Greater Boston community one girl at a time? If you answered yes, and the idea of being part of a collaborative, performance-driven, focused team excites you then join us! At Big Sister Association of Greater Boston, we have been helping girls reach their full potential through positive mentoring relationships with women since 1951. We are the largest mentoring organization in Greater Boston exclusively serving girls and an award-winning affiliate of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
Big Sister Boston is seeking Program Leaders to support our Recruitment and Our Big Futures Departments.
- Recruitment Intake Specialist: a customer service-oriented individual to facilitate the intake process for newly recruited Big and Little Sisters. This will include processing inquiry forms and entering them into our database, making and answering inquiry calls and providing a positive first connection point to Big Sister Boston programs.
- Our Big Futures Leader: an individual interested in supporting teens with post-secondary education planning and leadership development. This will include directly working with the Assistant Manager of OBF to provide college readiness resources, events & workshops, and coaching for youth 14-17 years of age.
We are looking for individuals who are excited about being on the frontlines of our program to engage the community with the Big Sister Boston mission. Strong candidates are goal driven and effective at building rapport and persuasively communicating with adults and girls’ families from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, multilingual and multicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well-established, dynamic and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
- Must be between the ages of 19-24
- Must be a Boston resident
- Passionate about Big Sister’s mission and excited to engage others in the work and vision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Sensitivity to and experience in working with culturally diverse populations and with girls and women
- Passion and a proven track record of success in providing excellent, supportive direct service
- Openness to learning with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Excited about and effective in working autonomously and within a cross-functional team
- Facility with Microsoft Office Suite and eagerness to learn data management systems (Big Sister uses a Salesforce database platform)
Language Skills: Written and oral fluency in English; candidates who also have proficiency or fluency in a second language, are strongly encouraged to apply!
Start date: January 2023
Location: Big Sister Association Offices, 20 Park Plaza, Boston, MA . Our office offers a hybrid working model that allows staff flexibility to work remotely and in the office.
If interested, please click the button below and send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your cover letter and resumé as a Word document or a PDF.
Big Sister Association of Greater Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, age, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.