Who We Are
Program Specialist (Part Time), CBM
Big Sister Boston is seeking a detail- and solutions-oriented part-time Program Assistant who will play a key role in providing a meaningful experience to our volunteers, Little Sisters, and families. Because Big Sister is a highly collaborative organization, this is an exciting opportunity for someone who is eager to gain exposure and contribute to all areas of program operations.
The Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the program team with back-office responsibilities to steward a positive volunteer and child experience. Responsibilities include data entry of participant applications, reference checks of volunteers, supporting background check process, and completing administrative responsibilities. Strong candidates have an eye for detail, are driven to deliver accurate, timely information and understand how quality, back-office operations are essential in supporting a values-aligned and meaningful participant experience. We seek those who are eager to collaborate and learn with all departments within a vibrant nonprofit organization.
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, multilingual and multicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well-established, dynamic and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
- Conduct reference checks for prospective volunteers in a timely manner
- Perform administrative duties, including preparing letters, assembling program folders, organizing program supplies, and managing program database needs
- Process and upload Enrollment forms onto applicable databases
- Manage the renewal process of confidential background checks
- Assist in occasional prescreen call coverage by answering phone calls, providing information to callers, and greeting guests
- Provide administrative support for program events as needed
- Collaborate with Volunteer Training Coordinator as needed
- On occasion, support program events such as recruitment tabling, match events etc.
- Prior experience working in a professional office setting
- Passionate about Big Sister’s mission
- Ability to clearly communicate in writing and over the phone
- Sensitivity to and experience in working with culturally diverse populations
- Passion for and a proven track record of success in providing excellent, customer service
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing responsibilities and effectively prioritize
- Demonstrated skill to take initiative and be proactive in problem-solving
- Excited about and effective in working autonomously and within a cross-functional team
- Enthusiastic about learning with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Facility with Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with data management systems (Big Sister uses a Salesforce database platform)
Reports to: Manager of Enrollment & Matching
Language Skills: Written and oral fluency in English; candidates who also have proficiency or fluency in other languages, especially Spanish, Cantonese, or Mandarin, are strongly encouraged to apply
Start date: immediately
Location: Big Sister Association Offices, 20 Park Plaza, Boston, MA. Our office will continue a hybrid working model that allows staff flexibility to work remote and in office.
Compensation: $24.71/hr; 20 hours a week; flexible schedule primarily Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm; non-exempt position.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject line Program Assistant to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button below. Please attach your cover letter and resumé as a Word document or a PDF
Big Sister Association of Greater Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, age, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.