Who We Are
Reports to: Director of Recruitment
Language Skills: Written and oral fluency in English; candidates who also have proficiency or fluency in Spanish, are strongly encouraged to apply
Start date: April 1, 2023
Location: Big Sister Association Offices, 20 Park Plaza, Boston, MA . Our office will continue a hybrid working model that allows staff flexibility to work remote and in office.
Compensation: This position offers a competitive salary starting at $51,411. Full-time, exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and health benefits. We encourage all applicants to check out some of our benefit highlights on our website here.
To Apply: Please send resume with subject line Recruitment Specialist to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please attach your resumé as a Word document or a PDF. We will then send candidates a short questionnaire to complete and overview of our hiring process. Learn more about working at Big Sister by visiting our website here: https://www.bigsister.org/who-we-are/careers-internships/
Big Sister Association of Greater Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, age, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Big Sister Boston is seeking a customer service oriented professional to recruit women and girls into our mentoring programs and enrichment services. Strong candidates are goal driven and effective at building rapport and persuasively communicating with adults and girls’ families from diverse backgrounds and experiences. This is a great opportunity for someone who is excited about leveraging and developing their marketing and recruiting skills through volunteer and child recruitment. The Big Sister office has a hybrid work environment, and we are looking for candidates excited about working both in person and remotely.
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, multilingual and multicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well-established, dynamic and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
Recruit Volunteers and Girls
- Recruit women and girls to meet annual program goals
- Conduct informational presentations and staff recruitment tables at community and college events
- Conduct volunteer and caregiver/child pre-screening over the phone
- Engage the support of Big Sister Boston’s community e.g., Ambassadors, Diversity Board members, Big Sisters and supporters in recruitment efforts
- Contribute to content creation for social media recruitment campaigns on Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Maintain current and identify additional forums for Big Sister Boston postings on volunteer web sites.
Community and Neighborhood Outreach
- Identify prospective recruitment partnerships including colleges, universities, corporations, women’s associations and community/neighborhood groups
Administration and Interdepartmental Support
- Update all appropriate databases (Matchforce, Sisterforce) in a timely and accurate manner
- Gather and document recruitment event outcomes and help identify the most effective recruitment strategies
- Passionate about Big Sister’s mission and excited to engage others in the work and vision
- Ability to clearly communicate in writing and speaking to diverse audiences across different sectors (e.g. neighborhood communities, college students, corporate audiences)
- Effective presentation and public speaking skills for audiences of 25-100+
- Sensitivity to and experience in working with culturally diverse populations and demonstrated ability to build strong, healthy and productive relationships with girls and women
- Passion for and a proven track record of success in providing excellent customer service
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to multitask
- Demonstrated skill to take initiative, be proactive in problem-solving and - implementing new procedures to improve customer service
- Excited about and effective in working autonomously and within a cross-functional team
- Enthusiastic about learning with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing responsibilities and effectively prioritize
- Ability to clearly communicate on the phone and in person as well as via email
- Facility with Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with data management systems (Big Sister uses a Salesforce database platform)
- Availability and flexibility to work some weekday evenings and weekends (scheduled in advance), as well as travel to varying local venues as necessary
- Availability and flexibility to travel to various sites within Greater Boston and Cambridge
- Experience in public service, community organizing, account/project management, or marketing/communications preferred
Don’t meet every qualification? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet 100% of the job qualifications. At Big Sister, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace environment where staff can grow and develop their passions and skills. If you are passionate about the role and the organization, we encourage you to apply even if your experience does not meet every requirement. You could be just the person we are looking for this role or other opportunities!