Who We Are
Spanish Speaking Match Support Specialist, CBM
Big Sister Boston is seeking dynamic individuals to join our Community-Based Mentoring team. The Community-Based program is a one-to-one mentoring program which matches girls, age 7-to-15, with adult women mentors. As a Big Sister staff member, you will contribute to a mentor-rich community in which every girl has access to the individual nurturing, guidance and support she needs to become a confident, competent and caring adult.
The Match Support Specialist provides case management support to program participants to ensure longer and stronger relationships between Big Sister and Little Sister. The Specialist also conducts introductory match meetings to launch new match relationships. This position allows us to most effectively serve our Spanish-speaking girls and families.
Strong candidates can connect with and support adults and children from diverse backgrounds, are constantly curious about understanding the needs of others and creative in identifying solutions, and possess organizational, administrative and detail management that is necessary to ensure compliance to safety and other standards. This is a tremendous opportunity for those who are excited about being on the frontlines of direct service for women and girls and understand the importance of maintaining administrative systems to ensure best practices.
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, multilingual and multicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well-established, dynamic and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
- Maintain an assigned caseload of approximately 90 Community-Based matches
- Conduct regular phone and email check-ins with Big Sisters, Little Sisters, and families, in order to:
- Provide on-going support related to match activities, child safety, child development, and match relationship development
- Provide comprehensive documentation related to strength of match relationship and support needs for each match participant
- Share information about community resources, agency activities, and programs
- Conduct introductory match meetings at Little Sisters’ homes
- Facilitate positive closure for matches that are unable to continue meeting as part of the program
- Re-engage Big Sisters, Little Sisters and families as appropriate after match closure
- Conduct match surveys and annual outcome evaluations with Big and Little Sisters
- Attend and lead match activities as assigned, seeking opportunities to make meaningful in-person contacts with matches
- Assist with agency special events as needed
- As needed, facilitate training for potential Big Sisters 4-6 times per year
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to build strong, healthy and productive relationships
- Sensitivity to and experience in working with culturally diverse populations and with girls and women
- Passion and a proven track record of success in providing excellent, supportive direct service
- At least one year of experience in a social service setting
- Excited about and effective in working autonomously and within a cross-functional team
- Facility with Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with data management systems (Big Sister uses a Salesforce database platform)
- Availability and flexibility to work weekday evenings and weekends on a regular basis, as well as travel to various local venues
Reports to: Manager of Match Support
Language Skills: Written and oral fluency in English; Written and oral fluency in Spanish
Start date: Immediately
Location: Big Sister Association Offices, 20 Park Plaza, Boston, MA. Our office will continue a hybrid working model that allows staff flexibility to work remote and in office.
Compensation: $39,000 – $41,000, exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and health benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject line Spanish Speaking Match Support Specialist to: email@example.com or click the button below to apply. Please attach your cover letter and resumé as a Word document or a PDF.